What Information We Collect and From Whom We Collect It
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from:
- Information we receive from you on applications other forms, such as your name, address, Social Security number, telephone number, assets, income, and insurance beneficiaries
- Your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as payment history, account balance, claims information, and policy coverage and premiums.
- The information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your motor vehicle report, insurance score, and credit history.
“Nonpublic personal information” is nonpublic information about you that we obtain in connection with providing a financial product or service to you for personal, family or household purposes. It does not include information available from government records, widely distributed media (such as phone books), or government mandated disclosures. It also does not include health or medical information otherwise protected by state or federal law
What Information We Disclose and To Whom We Disclose It
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. For example, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you in the following situations:
- To carry out a transaction that you request.
- To provide information to companies that perform services on our behalf to help us administer your insurance policies and adjust claims.
- To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons.
We may disclose all of the nonpublic personal information that we collect about you, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf, or to other financial institutions, such as insurance companies with whom we have joint marketing agreement.
We do not sell information about our customers.
Our Security Procedures
We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those employees who need to know the information in order to provide insurance services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and with our professional standards.